Sunday, April 11, 2010

VAULTCAST: My Dad, the Monster Kid

For any of you wondering exactly where my horror obsession comes from, wonder no more. On Easter Sunday, I had the opportunity to sit down with my very own dad (for blog nickname purposes, we'll call him "The Bob") for a heartfelt discussion on the genre we both love.

See, my dad is a Monster Kid--a fact that I proudly informed him of for the very first time during this very interview. Growing up during the birth of modern genre fandom, he got to see a lot of stuff I can only dream of. He bought EC Comics off the newsstand. He watched Zacherly's Chiller Theatre. He saw Night of the Living Dead in a movie theater when it first came out (on a date with my mom, no less).

So naturally, I've wanted to pick his brain on this stuff for a long time. After all, I followed in his footsteps, as he set me along on the path to fascination with all things scary. I hope you enjoy this little interview with Dad, my Obi-Wan Kenobi of horror...




You can also listen in at the official Vaultcast page, or download it right here.