Sunday, November 29, 2009

Random Ramblings from the Vault...

  • It sure is a good thing I decided to do away with the bikini portion of Ms. Horror Blogosphere, wouldn't you say?
  • Pride & Prejudice & Zombies: The Mini-Series? Count me in. Anything has to be better than the new V, which I've decided stands for Very Boring.
  • High Anxiety is one hell of an amazing Hitchcock homage. Recently rediscovered it. Blog post to come...
  • If Fermat's Room has taught me anything, it's that it's probably not a good idea to make a horror movie about math. Review to come...
  • A tasty tidbit for those who know they're rasslin: Looks like The Undertaker may be getting his own origin feature to take place in the Old West. Well, it's got to be better than See No Evil, right?
  • I don't think Edward Van Sloan or Peter Cushing would be too thrilled about those stake-guns we see in movies like Van Helsing and From Dusk Till Dawn. Kind of cheapens the whole affair, don't you think?
  • So I'm starting a new job next week, in a town which is reported in urban legend to contain a bizarre family of monstrous inbreds. Rest assured, I will be investigating on my lunch breaks...
  • Add The Fly to the list of remakes I once thought were way better than the original, but have since come to appreciate the original much more than I ever did. Anyone else?
  • Totally forgot about the kick-ass fight with the giant octopus in King Kong vs. Godzilla. Hot damn, that had to be some of the finest special effects in the entire Toho series!