Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Way of Looking at SNOW WHITE

I have recently had some intriguing correspondence with a young artist named Patrik Spacek. Originally from the Czech Republic, he has lived in Illinois for the last three years.

A few days ago he wrote me, asking if I'd suggest a Disney background I'd like to see rendered in 3D computer graphics.

After thinking about it for a day, I suggested the interior of the dwarfs' cottage from SNOW WHITE.

When the graphics arrived in my email, I was absolutely floored.

This young man is a brilliant talent. The computer graphics he's created are nothing short of astonishing. SENSATIONAL!

Here are two shots of the cottage re-created in CGI 3D - the bedroom staircase and the entire interior pan shot of the cottage. I have included a close-up of the area under the stairs.

Look at the incredible detail - the curves on the staircase's wooden planks, the texture of the wall's stucco, etc.

This young man spent days creating this, and it took 20 hours to completely render.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Patrik, thank you for sharing your work with our blog readers. I think you have an amazing future ahead of you.

Patrik's goal is to work for Disney (ideally) and/or another major animation studio. Someone should sign this young man immediately.

(Readers - be sure and click on the images. They will open in a new window full size so you can really savor the incredible detail.)