Sunday, February 20, 2011

SALUDOS AMIGOS

Hi gang!

After a hiatus, I'm back. Ready to spend countless hours digitally recreating Cartoon background art!!!

I recently had the great fun of seeing theatrical screenings of Ted Thomas' new film WALT AND EL GRUPO and SALUDOS AMIGOS (a brand new 35mm print!), in the same week. Only in L.A.!!!

I think Ted is a wonderful filmmaker. I can't praise WALT AND EL GRUPO enough. It is an insightful look at a very interesting time for Walt and his studio. Fans of animation, Disney and especially Mary Blair should make a point of seeing this film.

This b/g art is from the first segment, LAKE TITICACA.

It definitely inspired me to get back in the groove here. Check in once a week - more new artwork is forthcoming.

Welcome back - to me and you! Enjoy...